DUAL Corporate Property brings to market an experienced underwriting team with access to sophisticated technical resources and a market-leading underwriting operations model.
We are currently positioned as a strategic coinsurer, providing follow capacity to partner brokers and building a sustainable, balanced and profitable portfolio, whilst expanding our capacity and capability as we build a first class underwriting business for the long term.
What does Corporate Property mean at DUAL?
- Strategic follow market, providing coinsurance capacity to partner brokers to build a balanced, sustainable & profitable portfolio
- Client turnover typically upwards of £25m
- Risk management forms part of the culture within our client base
- Doesn’t include SME and Small Commercial
- Located in the UK
- Company Market platform (i.e. not Lloyd’s).
What type of property business is DUAL Looking to write?
We write through most of the spectrum of UK commercial and corporate property, often being trades with a medium hazard risk profile. We also write light hazard and will selectively write some high hazard trades. Examples include: Beverages, Chemicals, Distribution, Engineering, Financial Institutions, Further Education, Leisure, Media, PFI, Plastics, Professional services, Real Estate, Retail, and Transport.
Meet the underwriters
Here are some frequently asked questions we receive from brokers
- AXA Insurance UK plc, rated AA- by S&P
- Everest Insurance (Ireland) DAC, rated A+ by S&P.
Up to £20M for primary and full value placements
Our Excess of Loss capacity is £32.5M
- We usually avoid: Abattoirs, Amusement parks, Animal feed, Defence, Education (Primary & Secondary), Energy, Fuel depots, Power, Rail, Recycling, Tobacco, Utilities, Waste
- We may be able to consider individual placements where such activities are incidental to the overall risk profile
- We don’t write deductible buy-backs or cross-class aggregate covers.
- Presently we provide coinsurance follow capacity
- We’re developing the capability to lead, investing in underwriting, risk engineering and Cat modelling, supported by an exceptional operational platform that truly allows us to put our brokers and clients first (with a busy Ops team behind us)
- DUAL’s plans include building out a lead proposition in 2023/24.
We are currently in discussions with potential new partners to expand our offering in different ways.